About the Irish Chamber of Commerce Malaysia (ICCM):
The Irish Chamber of Commerce Malaysia is a not-for-profit membership organisation based in Malaysia and committed to strengthening the ties between Ireland and Malaysia in a business and professional context. Whether as Irish Diaspora, Malaysian, or Friends of Ireland in Malaysia. Whether as a business, professional or student, we provide our members/associates with a way and place to network and share, an engagement of peoples with common purpose for mutual benefit. The Ambassador of Ireland in Malaysia is our Patron.
Our Goal and Services:
Our primary goal is to deliver meaningful value to our members, associates, and partners here in Malaysia and beyond. These include:
- Introduction of new businesses and individuals to Malaysia as a place to invest, live and work.
- Helping build professional and personal networks through events and engagements.
- Providing information and updates through email and Ezine on relevant developments in Malaysia and Ireland.
- Enabling brand profiling in Malaysia with Irish and Malaysian Networks.
- Connecting businesses, whether in a vertical or geographical market context.
- Collaboration on common interests with other Chambers in Malaysia and Ireland
- Facilitating professional connection groups to relate on specific and relevant topics using our community services portal.
- Engaging with and support to Malaysian Students/Alumni in Ireland and returning Alumni.
- Supporting our members to maximise their time, opportunities and wellbeing here in Malaysia.
Who we support:
- Irish Business/Professionals based in or having a presence in Malaysia.
- Irish Companies seeking visibility or business engagement with Malaysia.
- Malaysian Business/Professionals seeking to do business in Ireland.
- Companies/self-employed professionals seeking to connect with Malaysia-based expats.
- Irish companies interested to launch into the South East Asian or Middle East regions.
- Malaysian students studying in Ireland.
- Malaysia Alumni based in Ireland or returning from studying or working in Ireland.
So, whether you are thinking of moving to Malaysia, are starting your research into ASEAN/ME by scoping the market opportunities in Malaysia, have established your business and are seeking growth, building connections to Irish institutions or looking for brand exposure and employee development activities, the Chamber is here to support your needs along your journey.
What we do:
The Irish Chamber of Commerce Malaysia carries out its mandate in a variety of ways including:
- Organising speaker events, seminars and networking events in Kuala Lumpur and elsewhere.
- Lobbying and supporting the enhancement of Ireland-Malaysia business and trade.
- Making introductions for Irish companies and business executives seeking to enter the Malaysian market.
- Providing a forum in which to raise issues of interest to the Malaysia-Ireland business and professional community.
- The Chamber works for its Members through a variety of regular activities and works closely with the Ambassador and Embassy of Ireland and other Ireland-related institutions.
- The Chamber is an active member of EUROCHAM, the main body representing European Chambers and business organisations in Malaysia.
- ICCM is a not-for-profit organisation, managed by its Members through the Chairman and Board of Directors. The Chamber is operationally managed by its General Manager who works directly with the board and reports to the Chamber’s Chair.
- The Chamber is funded through membership fees, corporate sponsorship, event profits and grants, when available from The Government of Ireland, the European Union or Malaysia.
- All funds are used for the sole purpose of the operations of the Chamber.
ICCM welcomes applications for membership from any company or individual with an interest in the Malaysia-Ireland business and professional relationships.
Membership is available in the following categories: Corporate, Professional, Associate and Student. The chamber also offers a corporate partnership called “Chara” who provide extra financial support to the work of the Chamber and who are a high profile on our collateral and at relevant events.
Other Irish Organisations in Malaysia:
We in ICCM also work closely with other Irish organizations in Malaysia.
The St. Patrick’s Society of Selangor is in its 96th year and organises many social events, including the best Ball in Asia, by all accounts. Nearly 1,000 people attend each year and all proceeds go to charity. You can contact the St. Patrick’s Society here.
In the northern part of Malaysia, the Penang Irish Association (PIA), which celebrated its 19th St Patrick’s Day Ball in March 2019 and its 5th St. Patrick’s Festival, including a street parade, caters to the needs of the Irish and their friends. Their magazine is Irish Insights. You can contact the PIA here.
The Orang Eire GAA Club is an active Gaelic games organization with a very busy schedule of training and games for men, women and children. You can contact them here.
Between our organizations we try to cater for most of the Irish residents needs as well as visiting Irish from anywhere in the world.